Saturday, December 5, 2009

Blogging as fast as I can

I have to admit it.  I stole the title from a presentation I saw this past Monday.  But I guess it's appropriate for the subject of this blog.

I've embarked on a new journey.  I'm not sure exactly where I will end up but I do know that it will be exciting.  Before I spill the beans let me give you a little bit of a professional update.

Presently, I work for a cool little start-up in Toronto called RealCash Bancorp Inc.  They are a leading financial solutions provider for real estate agents in Canada.  I am tasked with spreading good karma about the company all over the country.  I also work with a good friend of mine at Rogers Centre shaking hands and kissing babies.  I also spend some time helping out a couple of social enterprises.  One is now a charity called Toronto Green Community.  The other is a group I co-founded called GREENtuity.

And because I'm not busy (tongue in cheek) I've recently picked up a gig with an online publication called Techvibes.  They provide hyper-local tech coverage in Canada.  I am now one of their Toronto Community Managers.  So I'll be blogging (as fast as I can) about the people, places, events, and companies that make up the Toronto tech and social media scene.

I hope you'll take the time to visit the site and especially read my posts.  I think you will find them interesting.  I'm still searching for my "tech" voice.  A good friend suggested I just look for my voice and not to worry too much if it's techie or not.  Let's see which one comes up in 2010....

Your visits and comments both here and on Techvibes will go a long way in helping me along my present and future journey.

Thanks for reading and following me. 

I hope you enjoy the ride.