Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Good Cause, A Good Place

Surrey Place.

I know what you're thinking, and no. I'm not being paid by the Economic Planning Board for Surrey, BC. This Surrey is not a place but is Surrey Place in Toronto.

Who are they?

Surrey Place "helps children and adults living with developmental disabilities reach their full potential." For more information about Surrey Place please discover their Four Pillars HERE.

On August 17th I had the pleasure of helping my sister, Faiza Kanji (Manager, Volunteer Services) at the GetInLine.ca fundraiser at Woodbine Park in the Beaches area of Toronto.

The thing that struck me the most during this event was the sheer joy and excitement that the participants had for the cause and event. The participants? The vast majority of them were children and adults who use Surrey Place. Why were they happy? Because it was THEM who were making a difference in their own lives. Why was I so happy? Because they reminded
me that if I want to make something happen, I better get off my ass and do something.

Here are a few pictures I took. I hope to have more soon.




By the way, donations are welcome at www.GetInLine.ca!

Cheers!

Karim Kanji