Tuesday, February 24, 2009

8

He did get 8. Gold medals. In Beijing.


Yes. This is about Micheal Phelps. Well, not him but his most recent book, No Limits: The Will To Succeed.


It's an interesting and entertaining read with alot of anecdotes focusing on 8 success principles (following the 8 Gold medal swims.).


There are alot of lessons that I gathered from this book. Most importantly, for me, was his determination and focus on preparing to win. Not just swim -but WIN. Reading about his training regimen and his lifestyle leading up to the past two Olympics made me think about my life and my pursuits.


Am I doing everything it takes to succeed? If I want to succeed to the levels I feel I deserve, am I willing to do "whatever it takes?"


Despite his recent extra-curricular activities I highly recommend this book for any young athlete or young entrepreneur.