Thursday, February 19, 2009

PodCamp Toronto 2009

I'm attending my first PodCamp this Saturday. What is PodCamp? I haven't a clue. What I do know, is that it is a (un)conference that strives to bring together people in the spirit of community help. Think of a conference that you, as an attendee, can design. Couple that with the power of social media and people who love to help people.



I'm going as a volunteer representative for Toronto Green Community. We're hoping to learn some stuff to help TGC go mainstream. Here are some answers to questions posted on Toronto PodCamp website:

What are your personal goals for Podcamp?


I want to learn as much as possible. Be a sponge. Meet new people. All with the focus of taking what I can to help TGC grow.

What do you want to learn?


How can TGC use social media and other socmed events to raise needed funds for project work and create raving fans!

What are you offering to share/teach others at Podcamp?


All I can share I will. I'm a little new at these type of events. What I do know is that if an event like TwestivalTO can be a success then so can a Toronto Green Community inspired "tweet" event!

Which podcamp registrants would you like to meet?

I would love to meet Chris Brogan, John Sheridan. I'd also like to re-meet Erin Bury and Sarah Prevette who headed up TwestivalTO. Oh! And Helen Overland as well!

Why?
Who is your “dream interview” for your podcast? Why?

I don't have one. How the heck do you podcast?????

What is your, “Can’t miss it” session at podcamp?


Social Media for Special Causes and Social Media for Non-Profits.

Monetize or Communitize?


Both!

Who would win in a cage match: Chris Brogan, Bob Goyetche, My Marilyn, or Scarborough Dude?


?

In time honored meme tradition– guilt a few more people into carrying on this meme.

Everyone who reads this post and is coming!!!